Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park
The amphitheater, summer home to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, is accesible from two Ga. 400 exits, Mansell Road (exit 8) and Haynes Bridge Road (exit 9). With the completion of the southern section of Westside Parkway to Mansell Road, getting to concerts has been made easier. The venue seats at least 12,000, with 7,000 under roof and another 5,000 on the event lawn. The natural bowl of the landscape made for an ideal site. Concertgoers enter at two main gates. Refreshments are available at this top level and at a lower level, serving food from the basics such as hot dogs and burgers to concert-themed dinners. Beer, wine and mixed drinks are available to those over 21. The symphony holds pre-concert activities such as a Q&A session on the event lawn and text messaging from patrons answered by musicians during intermission. Local high schools have used the venue for graduation ceremonies also.
- Handicap Accessible: Accessible parking is available in most lots. Accessible seating is also available.
- Founding Date: May 2008
- Ticket information: www.vzwamp.com or www.ticketmaster.com
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.vzwamp.com/events/
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: Paid lot
- Restrictions: No outside food
- Music specialties: Classical, Rock
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park opened its popular/rock concerts in May 2008 with four shows by The Eagles, all sellouts.