This charter school with the Fulton County School system isn't the first to use a former grocery store location within one of Alpharetta's older shopping centers. Extensive interior renovations and modifications have turned the site into a school with higher than usual ceilings in all the common areas. The large tinted storefront windows and brickwork give the entrance and library a warm appearance. The school uses Wills Park - which is directly behind the school - for students' gym classes and some extracurriclar activities. The non-profit charter school's name sums up its philosophy, as the concept of the Arabic word Amana means "stewardship, integrity, confidence and commitment," according to the school's Web site.
- Fax: 770-992-7270
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:45am - 3:15pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is designated handicapped parking.
- Founding Date: August 2005
- Number of students: 500
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: K-8
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: E-crew, Honor Society, Girl Scouts, Science Olympiad, Archery, music
- Sports teams: Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Martial Arts, Girls Running Club, Soccer, Tennis
- Uniforms: Yes