Alpharetta City Hall
Drag box to select area
This historic building served as the courthouse for the former Milton County when it merged with Fulton County in 1932. The signature red brick is accented by historic markers and city seals outside. Inside, local residents can attend City Council meetings in its chambers on the first floor, which has limited accessibility. The city has its roots in New Prospect Camp Ground, a small village formed along a Cherokee Indian trail. Later it was named Milton before being renamed Alpharetta, which is taken from the Greek "Alpha," or first, and "Retta," or town - First Town.
2 S Main St, Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Fax: 678-297-6001
- Hours: Mon-Thu 8:30am-5pm; Fri 8:30am-4:30pm; Closed Sat-Sun
- Accessible: no