Bike Alpharetta holds its annual kick-off meeting today at
Harry's Farmers Market from 6-7:15 p.m.
The group works for fun and safe cycling in the community.
The discussion wil include Bike Alpharetta's formation of a special events committee to help Alpharetta apply as a Bicycle Friendly Community to help make the city safer for everyone who rides a bike.
If you have ideas, email firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the meeting tonight to learn more.
The meeting will be held at SALUD at Harry's Farmers Market, 1180 Upper Hembree Rd, Roswell.
2014 Bike Alpharetta Events
- Thursdays in winter – Trainer Night at Alpha Bikes. 7 p.m. Bring your own trainer and fan. Rent-to-own a trainer for $10 each
- Saturdays – Join Bike Roswell! 8 a.m. “Over 40" Ride.
- Sundays – Alpha Bikes 26-mile and 40+ Bagel Rides from Alpha Bikes. No ride if colder than 40 degrees
- Feb. 18-23 - Bicycle Ride Across Georgia (BRAG) Winter Ride, St. Marys.
- March 18 (Tuesday) – Georgia Rides to the Capitol (9 a.m. satellite start from Alpha Bikes)
- April 4-6 – BRAG Spring Tune-Up, Madison.
- May – National Bike Month – events tba
- Jun 8-14 - BRAG, Early Bird Registration
- July – annual Tour de France Viewing Party in Alpharetta tba
- April – September – full schedule of Bike Safety Events tba
The Bicycle Ride Across Georgia is an annual odyssey of discovery of gorgeous Georgia by bicycle. BRAG is a family-oriented tour. It is not a race. Riders travel at their own pace along a set route. At the end of each day's ride, cyclists tent camp at a local high school or college. Limited indoor camping will be available at all overnight sites, usually in the gym. Some riders will choose to stay at local motels. The tentative route is to begin in Washington, with overnight stops in Thomson, Waynesboro, Metter, Jesup and end in Darien. Visit the BRAG website for more information.