The top lacrosse teams across the United States will go toe-to-toe next month in Alpharetta.
The teams will participate in the 7th annual Legacy Lacrosse Cup Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26.
The featured game showcases Mercer University Men’s NCAA Division I team vs. Bellarmine University at 3 p.m. April 26 at the Milton High School stadium.
The tournament will take place on multiple fields in the area: Centennial High School, Kings Ridge Christian School, Alpharetta North Park, Cambridge High School, Milton High School and Lassiter High School.
Competing schools include:
- Bellarmine University, Louisville, Ky.
- Bishop Ireton High School, Alexandria, Va.
- Cambridge High School, Alpharetta, Ga.
- Charlotte Latin School, Charlotte, N.C.
- Lambert High School, Suwanee, Ga.
- Loyola Academy, Chicago Ill.
- Mercer University, Macon, Ga.
- Milton High School, Milton, Ga.
- Torrey Pines High School, San Diego Calif.
“Alpharetta is becoming known for hosting world-class sporting events with teams across the country,” said Janet Rodgers, President and CEO of the Alpharetta Convention and Visitors Bureau. “Our top tier fields and energetic city are ideal for events such as the Legacy Cup and we are honored to welcome these teams to Alpharetta.”
The games will start at 4:15 p.m. Friday, and will be played between 8:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday. The tournament will wrap up with Loyola Academy women's lacrosse team challenging Milton High School at 7 p.m. at Milton High School.
Weekend tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students, which will allow entry at all games and venues during the tournament.