StudentCam is the network's annual national video documentary competition "that encourages students to think critically about issues that affect our communities and our nation," according to its press release.
The network will be at the school at 4:30 p.m. May 14.
This year, students were asked to create a short, five- to seven-minute video documentary answering the question, “What’s the most important issue the U.S. Congress should address in 2014?”
The students, along with their video documentaries, who will be honored are:
- Afshawn Lotfi: Immigration and America
- Jeffrey Brunk, Austin Sabo, and Richard Wickliffe: Political Gridlock
- Kerrigan McCabe and Ashley Dufour: Invisible
- Mackenzie Johnson, Amani Kanso, and Carlie Shayne: Unemployment in America
- Natalia Tovar: Immigration: The Biggest Issue of 2014
- Nicole Harris and Ashlin Hyslip: Today in America: Education