With the 24th annual Taste of Alpharetta set to return on Thursday, the city is warning residents to find alternate routes ahead of time to avoid traffic headaches.
The following road closures will be in effect from 5 a.m. Thursday, May 8 to 5 a.m. Friday, May 9.
- From S.R. 9 westbound to Milton Center (located just west of Roswell Street): closed to all traffic
- From Wills Road eastbound to Milton Center: no thru traffic — residents and permitted event traffic only
- From Old Milton Parkway northbound to Milton Avenue: closed to all traffic
- From School Drive southbound to Milton Avenue: closed to all traffic
- From Mayfield Road southbound to School Drive: no thru traffic — residents and permitted event traffic only
Old Canton Street: closed to all traffic
Commuters are advised to avoid the downtown Alpharetta area if possible while these closures are in effect. Alternative east/west routes include Old Milton Parkway, Windward Parkway and Mansell Road. Alternative north/south routes include Westside Parkway, S.R. 140 and Georgia 400.
Traffic in the downtown Alpharetta area is expected to be especially heavy during the afternoon and evening commute as patrons begin entering the area for the Taste of Alpharetta.
For more information on the event, including parking and shuttle information, please visit the dedicated page on the city's website.