Response by Alpharetta City Council to a proposal for a Food Truck Thursday weekly event in downtown Alpharetta has city staff suggesting it's time to step back from that specific idea to address the general idea of a weekly event in downtown.
City Council will be asked to discuss the idea tonight at City Hall, with several questions in mind:
- Should a new event be created to generate additional week night activity in Downtown Alpharetta?
- With what frequency should such an event occur (e.g. weekly, semi weekly, monthly, etc.)?
- Should such an event be a street type event that requires the closure of Milton Avenue and/or other downtown streets?
- If one or more streets are to be closed for such an event, what is the earliest time at which the street(s) should be closed to through traffic?
- Should such an event be “owned” exclusively by the City, executed as a partnership with an outside promoter, or organized entirely by an outside organization / business under a permit issued by the City?
Once the city's Special Events staff hears what City Council wants, it will begin to plan that type of event.