Alpharetta City Council is expected to approve spending $1.56 million in its annual paving project during its meeting at tonight, Aug. 6.
City staff is recommending approval of the apparent low bidder, Blount Construction.
The city had Moreland Altobelli Associates rate its 500 miles of streets, and each of those chosen for milling and resurfacing this year scored no better than a 35 on a scale of 1 to 100.
Projected savings will allow the addition of the Wacky World parking lot and Alpharetta Cemetery Drive to the list, according to the Engineering and Public Works report created by Geoffrey Sarra, senior engineer.
The Georgia Department of Transportation generally handles state highways, such as GA 9 and GA 120.
Is your street on the list below? Do you know of a worse stretch of road in the city? Tell us in the comments below?
- Windward Parkway from Big Creek Tributary Bridge to McGinnis Ferry Road
- Cape York Trace from Glen Abbey Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Barnesley Lane from Glen Abbey Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Kirkstall Trail from Windham Way to Cul-de-sac
- Bisland Court from Windham Way to Cul-de-sac
- Jacaranda Court from Standridge Court to Cul-de-sac
- Windfall Court from Providence Place Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Wills Road from State Route 9 to Old Milton Parkway
- Alderman Drive from Windward Parkway to Windward Concourse
- Big Creek Overlook from Webb Bridge Road to End
- Marconi Drive from Windward Parkway to End
- Spruell Circle from Wittenridge Drive to Baptist Church
- Cutty Sark Way from Flying Scot Way to Cul-de-sac
- Old Morris Road from Morris Road to Cul-de-sac
- Woodbury Way from Centennial Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Providence Place Drive from Providence Road to Cul-de-sac
- Waters Cove Way from Waters Road to Cul-de-sac
- Ratcliff Cove from Centennial Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Centennial Drive from Waters Road to Cul-de-sac
- Providence Place Way from Providence Place Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Sundew Court from Sundew Drive to Cul-de-sac
- Pine Walk Way from Pine Walk Drive to Cul-de-Sac
- Sundew Drive from Park Bridge Parkway to Cul-de-sac
- Leycroft Court from Kingsmark Trail to Cul-de-sac
- Wills Park
- Alpharetta Cemetery