.

Pan Left on Stove Blamed for Alpharetta House Fire

Alpharetta's fire marshal said the home's stove was left on.

Alpharetta's fire marshal has determined what caused a fire at a home on Long Indian Creek Court Wednesday morning.

"The stove was left on with a pan sitting on a stove eyelet," said George Gordon, Alpharetta Department of Public Safety spokesman.

The home at 3313 Long Indian Creek Court suffered heavy fire damage in the garage and living room, and had a partial roof collapse.

Gordon said 14 Alpharetta firefighters responded to the 911 call, with 8 additional firefighters from Milton and Johns Creek offering assistance.

 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »