10) Plants are a fun challenge to figure out. What is it? How do I grow it? Is it native? How do I keep the deer from eating it?
9) I don't have to have a lot of money to enjoy plants.
8) Plants provide income - to farmers, the nursery industry, landscapers, grocers, scientists, restaurants - the list goes on and on.
7) Plants go home at 9:00, e.g. they go dormant in winter to give me a break.
6) Plants provide a sometimes therapeutic, mindless chore.
5) Plants are our original medicines and still function as medical cures.
4) Plant are beautiful: from the wee face of a daisy to the grandeur of a forest to the artistic rendering on canvas.
3) Plants feed me. I depend completely on the plant world for food, whether vegetarian or not. Cows eat grass.
2) Plants remind me of the continual cycle of life. There is a time to die and yet, life goes on.
1) Plants don't have politics.