The early voting period for the Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2014 Special Election to fill a vacancy in State House District 22 is continuing through Jan. 3, 2014.
The Early Voting poll is open from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. at the Alpharetta Branch Library located at 238 Canton St., Alpharetta, GA 30009. This location will be closed New Year’s Day, Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014.
Three Milton precincts are part of State House District 22, giving residents in that part of northwest Milton an opportunity to help pick their next Georgia representative.
The seat was left vacant after the death of State Rep. Calvin Hill of Hickory Flat. Hill died after a battle with leukemia.
The race includes four Republican contenders, though it is a non-partisan special election with no party primaries. However, each candidate’s party affiliation, if any, will be listed on the ballot. Run-off elections, if needed, will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014.
The candidates are:
- Megan Biello of Canton, a teacher at Creekview High School
- Nate Cochran of Free Home, an attorney
- Jeff Duncan of Ball Ground, senior vice president of business development
- Sam Moore of Ball Ground, business owner
On Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2013, polls will be open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. at the following Milton precinct locations:
- ML021 & ML022 Birmingham Falls Elementary School
- ML07A Hopewell Baptist Church