Registration is open for visual arts classes at the Alpharetta Arts Center for everyone from "wee ones" to adults, with clayworks, building blocks of art, oil & acrylic painting and even yoga among the classes
The Alpharetta Arts Center is a facility of the City of Alpharetta Recreation and Parks Department, and is also home to the Alpharetta City Band. The department offers classes that encourage participants to express, reflect, and discover their creative side. The instructors are professional, working artists and experienced at teaching all skill levels.
Winter classes begin the week of Jan. 14 and include:
- Creative Clayworks for Children & Adults
- New! The Art of Color – ages 3-6
- Artsmart – ages 10-13 – a mini art history-inspired class
- Art and Nature – ages 7-9 – a fun class combining drawing, painting and collage
- Building Blocks of Art for Wee Ones – ages 2-3 ½ – a participatory class for parents and their little ones to learn core art skills, color, shape and design
- Mini Art School – ages 6+ - an afterschool program to encourage creativity through the visual arts
- Pre-Teen & Teen Drawing & Portfolio – ages 10+ - young artists can build their core skills and portfolio projects – class follows the College Board pre-AP and Advanced Placement Studio Art curriculum
- Painting for Adults with Maureen Engle
- Oil & Acrylic Painting with Kip Rogers
- Yoga for Everyone! – blending the ancient art of yoga with modern exercise science
- Alpharetta City Band - an ongoing recreation program open to all adult band musicians and high school students
Class dates, times and fees vary. The Alpharetta Arts Center is located in Historic Crabapple, 12624 Broadwell Road on the first floor. For more information, please contact Nancy Suttles, BFA, Arts Coordinator, 678-297-6165 or email@example.com.