The Big Apple Circus presents Luminocity at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta from Thursday, Jan. 30 through Monday, Feb. 17.
The circus returns after a successful run last year. Alpharetta City Council approved of the special event permit, saying no problems were reported in 2013 and circus staff handled everything on site.
Tour & Ticket Information
Performances of Luminocity begin on Thursday, Jan. 30 and run for 28 shows through Monday, Feb. 17 under the Big Top in Parking Lot A of the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park in Alpharetta. Enter via the West Gate at 1775 Founders Parkway, off Old Roswell Road.
Tickets start at $20 and are available at www.bigapplecircus.org or by calling (888) 541-3750.
The Circus Box Office, located in front of the Big Top, opens Wednesday, Jan. 29; there is no service charge for tickets purchased at the box office. Box officer hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-8 p.m., and Sunday through Monday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. For more ticket information, group sales, inquiries about wheelchair–accessible seating or for additional information call the Ticket Info Line at (800) 922-3772.
Performers from around the globe will be under the artistic direction of Guillaume Dufresnoy for the 2013-2014 show:
- From the United States, John Kennedy Kane returns as ringmaster,
- From Japan, 15-year old Ty Tojo, holder of three Guinness World Records, captivates the audience with his juggling routine.,
- From Portugal, the Duo Guerrero (Werner Guerrero and Aura Cardinali) dance across the sky with their high wire performance,
- From the United States, Rob Torres, the cheerful and beloved “International Man of Mirth,” returns to the Big Top,
- From France, Pierre Ginet fuses comedy and crime to bewilder the audience,
- From Russia, the robust Acro-Duo (Vitaliy Prikhodko and Alexei Anikine) bend gravity with balance and agility,
- From Russia, the sensational Dosov Troupe burst from their teeter-board,
- From the United States, Jenny Vidbel entertains with her ponies and puppies, with an added surprise or two.
- From Canada, Daniel Cyr scrambles a ladder to nowhere but air,
- From Mongolia, Davaasuren Altantsetseg and Narangua Altankhuyag arc through the heavens with daring acts of elegance.
For 36 years the Big Apple Circus, New York’s original one-ring circus, has been entertaining audiences of all ages under its Big Top by presenting live family entertainment featuring world-class circus artistry. Experience the instant connection between audience and artist as your family sits less than 50 feet from the ring.