Along with Milton Grows Green, the city will hold Bulky Trash Amnesty Day on Saturday Sept. 14. Between 8 a.m. and noon, residents will be able to drop off large unwanted items no longer in use at the Roswell Public Works facility at 1810 Hembree Road.
Some items that will be accepted are (with any reusable items going to the Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta):
- tires (must be off the rim, automobile tires only; limit four per car)
- deactivated cell phones
- computer equipment and electronics
- mattresses and box springs
- lawnmowers (with fluids drained)
Items that won't be accepted:
- household hazardous waste
- any fluids including motor oil and anti-freeze
- household batteries
- construction and demolition materials
- yard waste
Milton residents are also asked to bring their unwanted, gently worn shoes for the city's Community Wildlife Habitat Project.
For more information, contact Milton Sustainability Coordinator Cindy Eade at (678) 242-2509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.