Have you noticed your friends or neighbors making a difference in Alpharetta and Milton? We want to know about it!
Whether it's taking a stray dog to a shelter, taking out trash for a sick neighbor or helping out in a community garden, every random act of kindness is appreciated by the community.
With Sunday being the unofficial "Random Acts of Kindness Day," we want to see how many random acts we can inspire across the United States in the 905 communities Patch covers. If you know of someone who has done a good deed in Alpharetta and Milton, tell their story in the comments section below. Also, be sure to spread the word on Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #PatchRandomActs.
To keep the momentum going and it pay it forward yourself, here are some ways you can help others in the community:
North Fulton Community Charities is always looking for volunteers and donations.
Alpharetta-Milton Patch has plenty of listings for Volunteers Needed, but here are a few recent requests:
- Cat Lovers Needed to Help Local Cat Rescue
- Special Needs Hockey Coaches Wanted
- Meals on Wheels
The Patch Calendar of Events also offers the opportunity to add your own volunteer listings if you don't see them here.
The City of Alpharetta has its own list of volunteerism opportunities, and here are a few highlights from it.
- Keep Alpharetta Beautiful - Staff the resource center, adopt-a-mile cleanup of streets and highways. Recycling, public speaking, grant proposal writing, developing exhibits and more. For more information, please contact Terry Porter at 678-297-6200 Ext/Local 1209 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friends of the Alpharetta Library is a non-profit group of volunteers whose purpose is to support the library. Volunteers are welcome to assist at monthly book sales, help on committees, or assist with library projects. Volunteers may give as little or as much time as they are able. For information, contact the Alpharetta Branch Library, 238 Canton St., 770-740-2425. A member of the Friends will respond to inquiries.
- Homestretch - Help answer phones, raise funds and rehabilitate houses for the homeless. 770-642-9185.
- United Way in North Fulton - volunteer opportunities to serve on the annual fundraising campaign committee for north Fulton or the special events committee. Additional opportunities are available with local non-profit organizaitons funded by United Way. Contact Nancy DeLoach, Associate Director, United Way in North Fulton, 2500 Northwinds Parkway, Suite 635, Alpharetta, GA 30004 or phone: (770)772-3181.
The City of Milton has its Volunteer Pacers program in which local residents can get involved in the community.