– Patchy Fog a Hazard: The morning commute and ride to school could be a bit rough today with patchy fog expected to hang around until 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. The high will get near 71 degrees on an otherwise partly sunny day.
– Amateurs Want to be Subpar: The U.S. Collegiate Championship takes to the Golf Club of Georgia’s award-winning Lakeside course in tournament conditions with amateurs alongside the very best collegiate players, some of whom you will watch soon as pros.
– Grammy Nominee Goes Velvet: Caroline Aiken performs tonight at 7:30 and 9:30 at The Velvet Note on Old Milton Parkway in Alphareetta. Her talents span many genres, from rock/blues/folk/country to piano ballads and even finger style guitar picking. One of her seven CDs gained her a Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary Folk CD in 2006.
– Howling Good Time: The Howlpharetta Ghost Tour is a two-hour walking tour of historic, downtown Alpharetta. It features great storytellers that combine the actual history of particular spots – including Resthaven Cemetery after dark – with their spooky counterparts. Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
– Southern Rock @ Verizon: Lynyrd
Skynyrd, Molly Hatchet, The Marshall Tucker Band will be performing live at
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park tonight at 7:30 p.m. in 97.1 FM
The River's Southern Rock Revival.