Political posts. Special interest posts. Religious posts. Funny posts. Ridiculous posts. Controversial posts. Shared posts. News posts. Sports posts. Family posts. Posts, posts, posts...
Facebook changed forever the way we communicate. Some of it good. Some of it not so good.
I have developed a personal philosophy of Facebook. It is neither right, nor wrong; it is just my philosophy. I didn't set out to write a philosophy, it just kind of emerged. The reason for sharing my philosophy is to neither condemn others, nor congratulate myself. It is just my philosophy, so if you are interested, read on. If not, head over to Facebook and engage the world in the manner you deem best. I will offer my philosophy without personal commentary, but would love to hear your commentary (I think!??!)
- Facebook exists to create a snapshot of my life, not to take pot-shots at another life.
- Facebook exists to express my opinions, not to convince you to change your opinions.
- Facebook exists to build my relationships, not to break my relationships.
- Facebook exists to deepen my connections, not to force me into isolation.
- Facebook exists as a utility, but cannot replace true intimacy.
- Facebook exists to communicate the subtleties of my personality, not to overwhelm you with my personal philosophy.
- Facebook exists as a form of social media, not a forum for anti-social mumbling.
- Facebook exists to grant you access to my life, but not to replace your involvement in my life.
- Facebook exists to portray my on-line identity, but it does not portray my complete identity.
- Facebook exists to remind me that online "friends" come and go, but real friends last forever.
There you have it. Whether you agree or disagree, you can always find me at: https://www.facebook.com/PastorDouglasTurner and see if my posting is consistent with my philosophy!!!