North Fulton Hospital Goes Mobile
The hospital recently released a new mobile phone application for downloading by patients.
Healthcare has not only joined the 21st century, it's gone mobile as evidenced by the mobile phone application North Fulton Hospital is now offering patients.
Previously patients were required to wait in the emergency room–often for hours if it wasn't life-threatening–but registering ahead of a visit is just one of the mobile app's abilities. Essentially, the app connects the hospital to community members and increases access to health-related information, according to staff.
"Through the app, you can register through InquickER, receive driving directions to the hospital, find a physician, enter your own medical history and receive health information through a health library," hospital spokeswoman Laura Elkins told Patch.
According to Elkins, the application has multiple features including the following:
- InQuickER – allows the user to register a time of a visit to the hospital’s emergency room.
- Physician Finder – ensures you can easily find a physician affiliated with North Fulton Hospital online.
- Directions – gives you the ability to download a map or GPS and get turn-by-turn directions.
- Call Us – offers a list of frequently-called hospital numbers.
- My Data – provides an area for patients to list their allergies, identify emergency contacts, important contacts, insurance information, medical history, physician contacts and the medications they are taking, which can help make sure medications don't harmfully interact.
- First Aid Guide - runs down a list of common injuries and how to deal with them.
- Health Library - a source of information on everything from diseases and conditions to healthy recipes and having a medical test done.
“As more people utilize mobile devices and smartphones, it made sense to provide an application that better connects the community with their local hospital,” Debbie Keel, Chief Executive Officer for North Fulton Hospital said in a statement released by the hospital. “The app also allows individuals to input important health information that can be useful to healthcare personnel such as allergies and previous health conditions.”
Downloading the North Fulton Hospital application is quick and easy.
The mobile application is powered by WorldLink and is available as a free download for iPhone™, iPad™, iTouch™, BlackBerry™ and Android™ products by logging onto the hospital website and clicking the “Download Free App” icon. Apple products may also download the application using the iTunes App Store.