Taste of Alpharetta may only run from 5 p.m.-10 p.m. on Thursday, but you'd better not leave your car parked tonight on any of the streets it will use. If you do, prepare to pay a towing company.
Not only will the sections of roads used for the event be closed. The "approaches" to those roads from three sides will be closed to through traffic, with only resident and business access allowed.
So go move your car right now to make sure you don't have to pay a towing fee.
And on Thursday, expect to use Old Milton Parkway to get to Wills Road, which leads you to Mid Broadwell if that's where you are headed. Residents of the Garden District will need to head over to North Main to travel south past downtown. Although if they are headed for parking at Milton Center, they can continue on Canton Street to its entrance at the edge of Taste's northern boundary.
Alpharetta will close the following roads from 5 a.m. Thursday, May 10, to 5 a.m. Friday, May 11:
- Milton Ave from SR 9 to Milton Center (Located just west of Roswell Street)-Will be completely closed.
- Milton Ave from Wills Road to Milton Center - Residence only and event parking only will be permitted.
- Roswell Street from Marietta Street to Milton Ave - Will be completely closed.
- Roswell Street from Old Milton Parkway to Marietta Street - Residence only and Business access only.
Old Roswell Street
- Old Roswell Street - Will be completely closed.
- Canton Street from School Drive to Milton Ave - Will be completely closed.
- Canton Street from Mayfield Road to School Drive - Residence only and event parking only will be permitted.
Old Canton Street
- Old Canton Street - Will be completely closed.
Remember that you can park at Milton Center, Publix or Wills Park. And shuttle buses will bring you from the grocery store or park to the event.