Creek View Jr. Beta Club Members Qualify for Nationals
The Alpharetta students competed in academics, arts and crafts at the state convention.
Thirty three Junior Beta Club members from Creek View Elementary attended Beta's state convention and competition in Macon on Nov. 17-18, with students placing in four events.
The Creek View students competed individually and as a team in academics as well as arts and crafts. More than 5,000 Junior Betas, primarily from middle schools around the state, were there to compete against one another.
- The team of Joe Heitmeier, Savanna Pillay, Mary K. Shepherd and Allison Hu placed third in the poster competition, beating out over 100 other teams and qualifying for the national competition.
- Kristin Glass placed second in Sketching with pen/pencil qualifying for nationals.
- Sarah Konz placed third in Colored Photography also qualifying for nationals.
- The team of Sarah Konz, Dara Fuller, Cali Murray also qualify for nationals by placing first in Recyclable Art.
- Madie Camp also placed fifth in Black and White Photography.
The national competition will take place in Greensboro, NC, in late June 2012.
The National Beta Club is the nation's largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. Beta is committed to providing students a positive experience in a supportive manner while recognizing and promoting academic achievement, encouraging service to others, and developing character and leadership skills.